The hustle and bustle of the season can at times be anything but peaceful. In the last two newsletters I spoke of how to homeschool through the Christmas holidays and 10 tasty soup Recipes. This post is about momculture at Christmas time and how to bring more joy and peace into your life during this time.
9 Ways to Have a Peaceful and Joyous Christmas...
- I suggest that you not set aside routines. They are so hard to set and discipline ourselves to carry out. Perhaps scale back on the time, but do not drop home routines altogether.
- Keep your personal devotions each day. Moms need this time to gather their thoughts, feel peace, receive strength, and make wise use of their time and their family's time, by not over scheduling.
- Take a little time each day to take a short walk, do stretches in the living room, or dance to the music. Invite the children to join you. This way you can be invigorated and the children have an outlet for their energy!
- Keep your schedule light, avoid over booking your time and your family's time.
- When selecting activities in or outside the home, be selective. Choose activities that will build unity and memories. Don't forget to take pictures!
- Create a menu and simplify meals.Take one afternoon and prepare and freeze several meals for days when things become too busy. Another easy way is double recipes you are preparing each day and freeze one for another day.
- Dovetail your personal reading by sharing the book with your family in a read aloud.
- Rather than doing the Elf on the Shelf which takes a lot of time for mom to do, consider doing a "Fill the Cradle" activity. Each member draws a name to do secret service for. When the service is rendered anonymously, a note is left. And the recipient of the service places the note under the manger or next to it and places straw in the manger.
- Take time each evening to wind down and draw the family together with an evening devotional, whether it be using a devotional book, or simply reading a few Bible passages, singing a carol, and kneeling together in family prayer.
May your home be filled with joy and peace this Christmas season!
Enjoy the Journey!!!
Above is this week's Newsletter, if you prefer to recieve the weekly Newsletter in your email please sign up below. Along with this newsletter you will find news of upcoming webinars and site news!
This week's newsletter will be available via email through Monday, 19 December 2016, when the next Newsletter is scheduled to be released.