The Homeschool Mommy Mentor
My husband, Roger, and I are parents of seven children (four sons and three daughters). We are also grandparents to thirteen grandchildren (three granddaughters and ten grandsons)! We have home educated our children since 1983 and we are still in the trenches.
I love being a wife, mother, and grandmother. I also love learning, teaching, creating, sewing, provident living, gardening, hiking, creating stained glass murals, poetry, reading, writing, presenting, sharing, frugality, DIY, blogging, and life!"
Homeschool Support and Mentoring
· Homeschool study group host and leader in Colorado and Utah, from 1983-2007 when I returned to college to pursue a MA Ed.
· Mentoring Our Own Yahoo Group creator and owner from 2002-present.
· Private cyber-school and cottage school / home education hybrid creator, owner, and head mentor, 2002-2015.
· Co-Owner with my two married daughters of “The Princess Academies” website, from 2009-2013.
· Co-Owner of Royal Academe with my daughter, Julia Groves, from 2013-2015.
· Keynote speaker 2000 (Utah), 2013 (Oregon) and 2013 (Utah).
· Presented at dozens of conferences in California, Oregon, Nevada, Utah, iowa, Virginia, Washington, and online since 1995.
· In-home presentations and workshops in Idaho and Utah 1995-2015.
Charlotte Mason Study Guide by Penny Gardner— Study Topic 19
· Observing the Wonderful World around Us
· Nature Notebooks.
(Available on amazon.com).
Home School Journal
· 1995 Vol. 1
· The Hope Chest Journey: Rediscovering the Lost Arts of Godly Womanhood (A Primer for Mothers), 2008. (Republished in 2013 in e-book format, and is coming soon in book format).
· BA in Art and Design, ’80
· 5 Pillar Leadership Education Certification, ’06
(Classical Leadership Education for Parents, Teachers, and Administrators)
· MA Ed., ‘08.
About Mentoring Our Own
· Mentoring Our Own serves a diverse and inter-denominational Christian community.
· Scriptural references are drawn from the King James Version of the Bible.