Our Fourth Book is Published! What You Need to Know About Homeschooling Preschoolers and Kindergarteners
My daughter, Julia Groves (at The Quiet Grove), and I have published our fourth book in the Homeschooling Basics Series, "What You Need to Know About Homeschooling Preschoolers and Kindergarteners."
Are you a parent looking into homeschooling your preschool or kindergarten child?
Do some people encouraging you to hold off on academics? Are other people encouraging you to start academics now?
Are you confused and do not know where to start? You are not alone. Many moms want to get started, need more information, and would like some guidance. That is why my daughter and I wrote this book.
What is in the Book?
1. A History of Kindergarten in America
Learn about kindergarten from Froebel to the US Kindergarten movement and the Montessori Effect.
2. The History of Daycare to Preschool in America
(Including the study that launched generations into preschool and about marketing preschool to Baby Boomers)
3. Educators that Promote Early Academics
What did Maria Montessori, Sinichi Suzuki, and Glenn Doman promote for young children.
4. Educators that Promote Delayed Academics
What did Charlotte Mason, Dr. Raymond & Dorothy Moore, and Oliver & Rachel DeMille promote for young children.
5. Impact of Preschool and Kindergarten on Child Development and Educational Success
Evidence based learning about the early remarkable success and about the downsides of different kinds of early education. Also a look at the studies!
6. The Legal Side of Preschool and Kindergarten
7. How to Prepare Children for Grade-School without Preschool or Kindergarten
Distractions and Benchmarks
The EDGE Model for Early Childhood Education
8. How and Why to Build Character in Your Preschooler
Learn ways to help your children learn right from wrong and to develop a compassionate and serving heart.
9. How to Prepare Children for Academics
What is readiness?
The Brain Develops through the Senses
The Importance of Executive Function
10. Why It's Important to Develop a Healthy Body for Learning
Learn the impact of sleep, diet, exercise, and sun on the learning and developmental processes.
11. How to Naturally Engage Your Pre-school Child for Learning
These are natural in the context of living ways to engage your child's learning, without the reliance on digital devices.
Are you a veteran homeschooler, now considering homeschooling your younger children? Perhaps there are ideas in here to help you up your game!
Do you have family or friends who are looking to begin homeschooling their preschool or kindergarten children? Please let them know about our book. Thank you!
We currently have it available on Amazon, in three formats:
If you have Kindle Unlimited, you can read it for FREE.
Our book is also available on Kindle & in Paperback.
If you like this book, please don't forget to leave a review on Amazon, we would really appreciate it!