Classic movies are movies that are enduring and have survived the test of time. Family movie nights can be inspiring. They touch our hearts, make us think, we are better for experiencing them, and we would gladly experience them again and again.
Movies are an art form and books are another art form. Some families watch the different movie versions after completing a book. Some watch the movies first and then enjoy the classic book format. While some families do a family movie night every week.Other families have family classic movie night once a month.
We have enjoyed gathering together and having a Family Classic Movie Night as part of our home culture. Consider adding a Family Classic Movie Night to your home culture.
35 Classic Movies we Have Enjoyed as a Family
(I have placed them in a random order)
1. Little Women (there are several versions)
2. Inn of the Sixth Happiness
3. Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
4. The Secret Garden (there are several versions)
5. Anne of Green Gables (Megan Follows version)
6. Anne of Avonlea (Megan Follows version)
7. The Little Princess (there are several versions)
8. Follow Me Boys
9. A Christmas Carol (there are several versions)
10. Ben Hur
11. Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
12. Sound of Music
13. Mary Poppins
14. Swiss Family Robinson
15. Iron Will
16. Court Jester
17. Around the World in 80 Days
18. Jungle Book
19. Robin Hood (Disney animated)
20. Summer Magic
22. Where the Red Fern Grows
23. Old Yeller
24. The Absent Minded Professor
26. Music Man
27. The One and Only, Genuine, Original Family Band
28. The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (Danny Kaye Version)
29. The Wizard of Oz
30. Peter Pan
31. In search of the Castaways
32. Parent Trap
34. The Sword and the Stone
What are some movies that are classics you have enjoyed? Have you shared them with your family?
6 Ways to Make Family Movie Night Special
1. Brainstorm with your spouse and make a list of favorites to share with your children.
2. Decide how often you want to have a Classic Movie Night. Save the date.
3. Send your family member's tickets to your family movie night.
4. Pop some popcorn to snack on during the movie.
5. Enjoy the movies together.
6. Keep a family movie book. Write down favorite quotes or what family members liked most about the movie.
Enjoy the journey!
I write newsletters with helpful tips that can impact homeschool moms on topics such as: Homeschooling, homeculture, momculture, and home management. I also inform moms of site news, upcoming events, new products, and special offers. Join us and enjoy the journey.